My name is Dominic Brant. I’m a web developer focused on writing efficient, modular, and accessible code.
I'm currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in business administration at San Diego State University. I plan on entering the software industry once I graduate.
My previous work experience has afforded me a strong background in technical support, business operations, and empathy-first customer service.
As a Genius, I assist customers in troubleshooting their iOS and macOS devices, and performing hardware repairs when necessary. A large portion of the role consists of working to find solutions in a timely manner, often with people who are frustrated. This role also requires that I establish myself as a leader and mentor to my peers.
- Server-side knowledge in making REST APIs, HTTP servers, CLIs, and other utilities with Node.js.
- While I don't use them often in my projects, I have a beginner level of familiarity with JQuery and Python.
- Photo manipulation using Pixelmator. Graphic design creating vector drawings using Gravit.
Software & Tools
- Some of the programming tools I use include VS Code, Bash/Zsh, npm, Yarn, Git/GitHub, ESLint, Prettier, Babel, and Gulp.
- For graphic design work I use Pixelmator and Gravit.
Things I've Made
A website for a fake company.
Blurry Image Load
A progressive image loading library. Inspired by Medium’s similar technique.
Apple News Welcome Message
A simple demo of an onboarding screen based on the iOS News app.
A CLI to generate a random number.
Built with: Node.js.